Those April showers brought May flowers, in addition to leaving some of you wondering if it’s time to replace your roof. Here are 7 signs that you may need a new roof.
1. Check your attic. Look for beams of light coming through the top of the house or stained and/or streaks which may be signs of a leak
2. How old is your roof? Check your home improvement records to determine how old your roof is. The average lifespan of a roof is 20-25 years.
3. Check your shingles. Are they lying flat? Are they cracked?
4. Check the flashing. There should be now cracks or breaks in the flashing around vents, skylights and chimneys.
5. Is your roof drooping or sagging? Check the roof surface for sagging spots, soft spots (rotting boards) and trapped moisture.
6. Is your roof looking like a garden? If your roof appears to be growing moss, this may be an indicator you have trapped moisture.
7. Don’t Panic. Not all roof damage requires a full roof replacement. You may be able to get by with repairs depending on the age of your roof. Be sure to contacts a licensed roofing contractor for a professional opinion